WOMEN DEVELOPMENT CELL (WDC)
OBJECTIVES OF WDC
- To provide opportunities and organize programs for girls and female faculty and staff to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered to promote their growth as individuals.
- To Provide a forum for discussion and interaction with eminent ladies
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To develop the self confidence of Women.
- To guide about Women Welfare Laws.
- To direct the role of Women in the society. To develop multidisciplinary approach for the overall personality development.
- To organize seminars, workshops relating to women development.
INTERNAL COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE (ICC)
Builders Engineering College has constituted Internal Complaints Committee to maintain a symphonic atmosphere at the Institute, to enable women to pursue their work with dignity, self-esteem and reassurance. The Committee has been working to raise awareness on gender equality issues. The ICC functions as required by the "Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013". This is an Act to provide protection against sexual harassment of women and for the prevention and redressal of complaints of sexual harassment and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
OBJECTIVES OF ICC
- To develop a policy against sexual harassment of women at the Institute.
- To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment
cases and other acts of gender-based violence at the Institute.
- To uphold the commitment of the Institute to provide an environment free of gender-based