The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, started in the year 2009, offers BE Computer Science and Engineering and M.E Computer Science programme was started in the year 2013 to meet the challenges of higher education, research, and innovation in key areas of computer science. The department aims to develop computer and software engineers who are industry-ready, innovative and entrepreneurial to become global leaders in research and technology. Students are encouraged to participate and present papers in both national and international conferences. The Computer Science and Engineering department is equipped with 306 computers with high-end configuration distributed across Seven laboratories with four blade-mounted servers and latest version software. The department is an active participant in various activities in the campus.
- Should achieve success in their field of work, in future education and in their research.
- Shall consistently learn new things and hone existing talents to generate impactful, resource-saving and cutting-edge solutions.
- Must demonstrate strong communication abilities, a professional demeanour and ethical principles while designing and creating practical, multidisciplinary solutions that are technically sound, financially viable and socially acceptable.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research–based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life–long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life–long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Exhibit design and programming skills to build and automate business solutions using latest programming tools.
- Ability to work effectively with various engineering fields as a team to design, build and develop system applications.
Teaching: 13 Years
Teaching: 36 Years
Industry : 2 Year
Teaching: 18 Years
Teaching: 12 Years
Industry : 2 Years
Teaching: 18 Years
Industry : 1 Year
Teaching: 9 Years
Teaching: 9 Years
Teaching: 2 Years
Teaching: 15 Years
Teaching: 3 Years
Teaching: 7 Years
Teaching: 1 Year
The Computer Science and Engineering has 163 computers with high end configuration distributed across four laboratories.